Many of our NLP practitioners confused that one of the reasons why they join our NLP certification program is because they wanted to learn useful NLP techniques that can help them in overcoming procrastination.
Probably like them, you have been a victim of this negative state and disease for quite some time already. You do recognize the consequences of you not able to overcome this undesirable behavior of procrastinating in life and hopes to do something about it.
Now the question is, “Of the many NLP techniques, is there one such technique that can actually help you in overcoming procrastination?”
Of course there is. In fact, there is one technique which many of our practitioners enjoy successes with.
As from today you will know a powerful technique that not only helps you in overcoming procrastination, but it takes one step further. To turn your procrastination into power!
Previously, we have talked about anchoring and the process of executing it. Now we are going to build on top of that knowledge and learn something more, known as NLP chaining anchors.
As a matter of fact, chaining anchors is one NLP technique which has been widely used by many practitioners in overcoming procrastination.
However, before we delve into using NLP chaining anchors, let’s first understand why people even procrastinate in the first place?
There can be many reasons why people procrastinate. However, the number one reason is often due to lack of motivation to achieve something in their lives.
When the pleasure to achieve a goal in life is not strong enough, we tend to rest on our laurels. We tend to put off doing the things that are necessary for us to realize our desired outcome.
Thus, what we really need when we start to procrastinate is to move ourselves to the state of motivation.
Since the state of motivation is usually far, it often requires practitioners to develop a bridge or chain of anchors to “move” them from their present state to their desired state.
And that’s how this particular technique got it famous name, NLP chaining anchors!
Chaining anchors are especially useful when you sense that it requires a tremendous amount of effort to push yourself out of the “stuck” state (procrastination, uncertainty, confusion etc) to feeling motivated, to start …
Overcoming Procrastination Using NLP Chaining Anchors
1. Begin the process by considering the intermediate states that you believe will help take you from the state of procrastination to the state of motivation. An important consideration to take note of will be the intensity of these states (are they strong enough to move through the chain?).
2. Anchor on the state of procrastination . Recall a past experience where you have been procrastinating in life. How does it feel like to procrastinate? What do you usually do when you are procrastinating? Repeat the step with a few more past experiences. Break state.
3. Develop an anchor for each of the intermediate states . It’s essential to perform a break state before anchoring on each subordinate state.
4. Anchor on the final state or desirable state of motivation. How does it feel like to be motivated in life? This positive anchor should be as powerful as possible.
5. Move through the chain of anchors by firing each anchor in sequence and releasing it when the state is about to decline. Repeat this step several times to ensure the chaining anchor becomes conditioned. The anchor has to be able to move through the chain naturally. Break state.
6. Do a test and future pace .
7. You should now be able to access procrastination and achieve a state of motivation simply by firing off the anchor.
Similar to the usual anchoring, to enjoy success in this NLP technique, it is prudent that you continue build up the intensities of your chaining anchors.
When you realize that the chaining anchors do not change your undesirable state, it is a sign that you should keep repeating the process or change the intermediate states.
From our practitioners’ experience, failure in chaining anchors is often due to the following two reasons:
1. Unconditioned chaining anchors
2. Insufficient or wrong intermediate states
Selecting and conditioning your chaining anchors is the utmost importance to the success of using chaining anchors in overcoming procrastination.
Waste no time in putting this NLP technique to practice and share your successes here. You too can enjoy the same, if not, more successes as our NLP practitioners.
by Jacky Lim