When you read the title did you feel a sense of urgency? I did as I was writing it. Why did I feel a sense of urgency? Because too many people are letting their dreams die because of a defeated mindset. If you are wondering what a defeated mindset is. A defeated mindset is one that has given up!
Something has happened somewhere along the way that has caused the person to throw in the towel, and accept the fact that he or she will never reach their goals or dreams. Now you may be thinking to yourself what is so dangerous about that? Well it may not be dangerous as far as anything physically related, but what about mentally, emotionally, and spiritually?
I have listed 8 danger signs of a defeated mindset:
1. The individual had a dream growing up. But through the years has given up on it over time, because he or she feels like they waited too long.
2. The person uses self-sabotage to destroy their own dreams; because they have convinced them self that they don’t deserve to reach their dreams for one reason or another.
3. The individual has lost the fire inside that they need to make their dreams happen.
4. When the person is in their secret place they vision their ideal life, but they don’t take the steps to make it happen.
5. The individual has convinced himself or herself that they are too old, and they missed it. They have accepted the belief that because it didn’t happen when they were younger it will never happen.
6. The person is not at peace or content because he or she knows that they have been called to do something that they are not doing.
7. The person feels that because they made a mistake in the past or didn’t have a great start to life that they can never be victorious. They have developed a defeated mentality instead of a victorious mindset.
The individual has not realized that it doesn’t matter how you start the race of life, only how you finish it.
8. The individual is accepting the “good enough” mentality. He or she has lost the passion to live the life that they deserve to live. So they have settled for things being “good enough.”
There are many other danger signs that could be listed, but I just listed a few. The outcome of a defeated mindset is that it keeps you stagnant and from moving forward. A defeated mindset keeps you bound up and tied to where you have been instead of empowering you to move forward.
Now on the flip side of all of that, is that it is possible to have a mind shift. This allows you to have a victorious mindset. It allows you to have a mindset that provides you with the inner strength to conquer goals and dreams.
A victorious mindset is one that understands that where you have been is nothing in comparison to where you are going. A victorious mindset allows you to be happy in the present while working on the future. A victorious mindset looks at the expectations and not the situation.
If you think that a victorious mindset is out of your reach. It is not. It is simply the opposite of a defeated mindset. Developing a victorious mindset may not happen overnight, but it is possible. We have the power within us to live a victorious life. When you begin to understand the true dangers of a defeated mindset you should jump-start your purpose thinking.
When I began to think in-depth about the dangers of a defeated mindset I began to realize even more how important it is for us to work on living a victorious life, and not one of defeat.